Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My Insanity

Hey everyone,  I know it's been a while since I wrote a post and I've been trying to think about how to change things up a little bit.  I will still write a few blogs based on politics and technology, but for the next 60 days I will be using my blog as my accountability partner.  If you didn't guess yet, I'm going to be doing Shaun T's Insanity workout.  I've done the fitness test and tonight I did the first actual workout - plyometrics.
For those of you unfamiliar with Insanity, it is a high intensity cardio workout that last about 45 minutes.  The workout videos also come with a fitness guide to help you make sure that you eat right to get the maximum benefit.  You follow the fitness guide and do a workout every day for 60 days straight, and you're supposed to transform your body.  Over the next 60 days we will find out.
As an added incentive, I have taken the before pictures and it is my commitment that if I do not finish the 60 days, I will post them here on my blog for all to see.  They will only be up for 48 hours so you'll have to check back frequently to get updates on how the progress is going or to see the before pictures.
I will try to post every day what workout I did and how I felt after.  Tonight was plyometrics, and I won't lie - it kicked my butt like I was a Kansas Jayhawk.  I felt pretty good for the first 15 minutes or so until I realized that was just the warmup.  Part of me thinks Shaun T has to be some type of sadist to ever dream up this routine.
Well that's all for tonight kiddos - hope you'll follow along on my journey or at least check every couple days in the hopes that I have folded and had to post pictures of fluffy Brian on the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment