Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Insanity continue

My journey has continued over the past few days.  Ever since the rest day on Sunday I have gone through 3 sets of exercises.  The good news is, it seems to be getting easier and I seem to be able to stick with Shaun T and his insane moves longer and longer.  The bad news is I still have 6 and a half weeks left of it.
In the spirit of full disclosure I want to share that I have not lost any weight while doing the workouts.  It has only been a week and a half and I didn't expect to see anything drastic, but the fact of the matter is that I weigh exactly the same today as I did when I started.  Earlier this year, I started training for a 15k which I ran in March.  I only mention this because I had a similar experience when I was training for that run.  Over the first couple weeks I actually gained 5 pounds.  I researched it and found that it was normal when you are starting an intense traininng program because your body starts to store glycogen which causes your body to also store more water.
I wanted to bring this up so that you don't lose your motivation if you decide to take on the insanity challenge yourself.  By the time I was done training for the 15k I had lost 6 pounds from my original weight and had dropped a minute and fifteen seconds off my mile pace.  A much better gauge of how you are progressing through the training is to keep a journal of how you feel.  Monitor your energy levels, how your clothes are fitting, how your mood was throughout the workout and throughout the day.  I can tell you that using those metrics has helped me to keep my motivation level high throughout training.  I hope this helps you in your journey as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment