Friday, April 6, 2012

Insanity Days 3 and 4

The journey continues... Yesterday was day 3 of the Insanity program and was my first day of a recovery workout.  The cardio recovery was much easier than the rest of the workouts, but don't mistake this for a rest day.  You will still get your heart rate up and break a sweat, and you will still feel it afterwards.  However, it is a day that allows you to leave without your muscles screaming at the top of their lungs.
Tonight was day 4 and the workout scheduled today was Pure Cardio.  Let me just say that I was glad yesterday was a recovery workout because tonight SUCKED.  I had some doubts about this one when Shaun T said HE was nervous about it, and probably should have watched the DVD before I made the before picture commitment.  The video itself is only 38 minutes long, but it is brutal.  It starts with about a 12 minute warm up which is a bit of a misnomer because it feels like a pretty good workout.  Then you get a 30 second rest followed up by about 5 minutes of stretching that is more like yoga work then the old-fashioned "touch your toes" stretching.  Another 30-45 second break let's you catch your breath before you go into 18 minutes of all out insane cardio.  Normally in these workouts you got 3-5 minutes of hard work before getting a 30 second break, but not today.  Any recovery I got from last night was more than destroyed by the workout tonight.  To give you an idea, I did not see one person out of the 10 or so people in the video who did not need to walk off the floor for a minute just to catch their breath and get some water.
I will say that during the stretch after the workout I could feel that my legs were tighter than 4 days ago when I started the program.  My energy level is higher in the day and I'm starting to get used to the physical exertion that's required in the program.  I'm honestly looking forward to the next 56 days and the after picture moment.
In related news - I am considering taking some home video and posting it on youtube showing a few progressions.  I will keep you posted on whether I actually follow through on this ides.  Also, we have company for the weekend so I probably won't update this until Sunday evening.  Happy Easter and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment