Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Preview to This Blog

I was debating what the subject of my first blog should be, and I have made my decision.  It will be about my blog and what you can expect to see if you choose to subscribe.  As you might be able to tell from my profile, I am a bit of an eclectic person, and therefore it seems only naturally that my blog be the same.  There will be posts about religion, economics, politics, sports, and any other random events that get me fired up enough to force me to share my opinion on the situation.  I will try to post at least a couple times a week to make sure the material stays relatively fresh.  I welcome all feedback, criticism, and different viewpoints on my page and all that I ask is that you respect everyone's opinions and keep the discussions professional. 

Now on to the good stuff - just a little taste of some of my thoughts from the week.
  • Ndamukong Suh should have a permanent spot on Sunday morning's "C'mon Man" segment on ESPN for his comment after the Thanksgiving Day game.  You were losing your balance?  Really?  Could you please explain how kicking violently helps you regain your balance?  They didn't cover that in my physics classes apparently.
  • I was so excited to hear that the NBA lockout was over - now all their fans can watch forty-six minutes and thirty seconds of lazy basketball followed by one minute and thirty seconds of good basketball that lasts twenty two minutes and includes thirty four commercials.
  • I was honestly excited about college basketball starting again.  The next four months will be full of buzzer beaters, upsets, and actual defense.  
  • Urban Meyer is the new Buckeye's head coach?  Yea, I guess that life threatening heart condition is better after ten months.  Also, the whole being judged by what type of husband and father you are at the end of your life thing - yea he solidified that in 10 months I'm sure.  At least he went to a program where the pressure is way lower than at Florida.
  • Barney Frank announced he won't run for re-election.  I guess we will need someone else who said that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were fine financially less than 18 months before they were virtually bankrupt to write our financial reform laws and sit on our House Finance Committee.  It's hard to imagine anyone as out of touch with reality as this guy thinking he did things that made this country better.
  • ADP said 200K+ jobs created by private sector, jobless claims report said 402K made initial claims, and the government jobs report comes out in about 8 hours.  Could this be a case of one story, another story, and the truth?
  • Lastly, I will have an entire post on Tim Tebow, but tonight I just want to address Jake Plummer's comments.  A.) Jake Plummer?  I was unaware he was even still on an NFL roster.  B.) What would the reaction be if Tim Tebow was Muslim and Jake Plummer had told him to shut up about Allah?  C.)  Tim Tebow's reaction to this was pretty much right in line with his reaction to all the other adversity he's had to face this year- 100% class.
Ok, there's the appetizer - hope you liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment